Monday, August 3, 2009

July 7 - Rocky Mountain National Park

There isn't much I can say to describe how gorgeous Rocky Mountain National Park is. I mean, these pictures certainly do not do it justice. It is like finally realizing what a mountain is after 22 years of walking around on ant hills.




I climbed to the top of this grouping of boulders in a hill side. This was my attempt to take a picture of myself with the view behind me. For some reason the face I'm making came along as well. The elevation is so high there that even walking a slight incline is exhausting.

Two Elk we came upon grazing right next to a viewpoint.

This is a Marmot. A silly little thing. He and his pal were running all over the hills playing. When they play they stand on their two hind feet and race towards each other until they embrace in a wrestling match. Its really funny to watch.

No comments:

Post a Comment