Tuesday, August 11, 2009

July 16 - LA

From San Diego we headed to LA to visit and crash with my friend Katie Parker. You might recognize her from The Young And The Restless extra fame. She had a friend from school visiting her so while they were cruising, Jason and I set out on our own LA adventure. I've been to LA once before and did not do any of the touristy things so it was kind of fun to do them this time.
We first went to watch the Craig Ferguson Show! You can get free tickets if you do this thing online and show up early enough. I'm more of a Conan girl, but tickets were unavailable so I agreed on Craig. They have a lot of rules though. No pictures, no screaming, and lots and lots of laughing. Even if its not that funny. I though Jason was going to ralph he was laughing so hard during the taping. They also have a dress code. I just so happened to have packed one dress that I could easily slip over the clothes I was already wearing. Jason was not so fortunate. We found the local Goodwill.
The Goodwill in LA is amazing! If I lived there I would never shop anywhere else.
The show was really cool and Craig was very charming. He interviewed John Cryer and Rashida Jones. I really don't like 2 and a half men, but I love Pretty in Pink. Especially the scene when John busts into Otis Redding. I'm also a fan of almost anything Rashida Jones does and she is so freaking beautiful so it was a lot of fun!
Afterwards we went to the Chinese Theatre to see the sidewalk stars and footprints.
Paris?
Sid Vicious?


People had swarmed Michael Jackson's star with gifts and memorabilia. I don't understand the meaning, but someone brought a cup of pretzel sticks.

Johnny Depp

The Chinese Theatre - Jason's a jerk.


His BFF was dressed as Wolverine.

MK is my fave O twin.

Sending out a lil love for Faye.

I had no idea but pot is basically legal in California. It is really easy to get a medical marijuana prescription and there are stores like this one everywhere.
We cruised around LA and found Mulholland Drive before heading to Katie's apartment. I have this problem that when I'm really excited to see people and having a great time I forget to take pictures. I'm working on that though. Terrible problem.
Thanks to Katie and Renee for letting us stay on their couches and being good peeps! It was lovely seeing you Kates!

No comments:

Post a Comment