Tuesday, August 11, 2009

July 19 - Northern California and Oregon


We stopped at this vista in Northern Cali to take once last look at the coast before we headed inland. While there three bicyclers stopped too. We ended up talking and found out they were biking from Canada to Mexico all along the coast. They thought it would take 4 months. They must have butts of steel. I asked where they had been staying. They said they simply knocked on people's doors, explained their situation, and asked if they could camp in the yards. Apparently they had only received two "No"s so far. We talked a bit more, one biker took out a camera and snapped some shots of Jason and I. I wish I had done the same but I was far too shy. I pretended to be interested in the wild flowers.
We continued on to Oregon where we parked in Harris Beach State Park on the coast of Oregon. They had several trails leading from the campground down to the water with beautiful views.


"Resting-Injured Seal/Sea Lion"

We almost climbed this rock but realized the water was freezing and the tide was coming in. I was afraid by the time we got up and down this rock we would be trapped.

We climbed a smaller rock on the shore for a gorgeous sunset view.


No comments:

Post a Comment