Wednesday, August 12, 2009

July 21 - More Portland and Seattle

The morning we were in Portland, instead of packing up and shipping out first thing like we normally did, we took our time and explored a bit more during the daylight. We came across a huge toy store called Finnegan's. Jason thinks it might be famous becuase he thinks he had heard of it before. I had a lot of fun in the toy store. I wish it was appropriate for a 23 year old girl to buy toys. I also wish I wouldn't get bored with them after 30 minutes.



From Portland we drove to Seattle. For some reason I have always felt that Seattle would be a great place for myself. I think it might have something to do with my love for everything 90s grunge. I did love Seattle even though we were only there a few short hours. I would love to have explored it more. The weather was great, the smell of fish was only slightly nauseating, and it seems everyone is in love with dogs from the dozens of specialty dog stores we saw. What more could anyone ask for?


We had to stop by the Pike Street Market where they throw the fish. It was great! The guys would sing and chant and toss fish and bags of clams and put on a great show.


This guy was working this thing. I don't know what its called or even really what it is. But he was a pro at whatever it was.

That night we camped at a local state park before heading out to Idaho the next day.

No comments:

Post a Comment