Monday, August 17, 2009

July 27 - Grand Tetons

After Yellowstone we ventured South to the Grand Tetons. A warning to future road trippers: When visiting both parks, I suggest hitting GT first, otherwise it'll seem sadly bogus compared to Yellowstone. The Grand Teton National Park is beautiful and it is obvious why the tetons are called "grand", but it was destined to be a little dull after such an amazing day in Yellowstone.
Side note: Yellowstone always makes me think of "Jellystone". So which came first? Yogi Berra the baseball player or Yogi Bear the cartoon?
We hit the park after eating an enormous buffet breakfast.


There are 3 tetons but I'm not really sure which is what or really what a teton is.


At one point we did see a large herd of Pronghorn but they were too far away to get a decent picture.


My feet have permanent Teva tan lines.
We spent the morning in the park and then headed to South Dakota. We ended up passing through a horrible storm on our way. I was sure we were going to run off the road. It was impossible to see anything and it took hours to get through it all! There was so much lightening that I attempted to get a picture of it. It was bolting to frequently that I thought I could do it but after a few minutes my camera battery died. Mother Nature: 1, Sony CyberShot: 0.

No comments:

Post a Comment