Wednesday, August 12, 2009

July 22 - Moscow, Idaho

From Seattle we headed East. Our destination was to end up in Moscow, Idaho that night but stopped in Richland midway to visit with some of Jason's friends. We actually had been driving a guitar with us the entire trip even though neither of us can play. That guitar was a thorn in our trip. At least I felt so. It was always in the way, always sliding around the car. I'm really surprised it was delivered in one piece. The guitar belonged to a friend of Jason's from South Carolina who now lived in Richland. When he moved he could not fit in his car so Jason offered to take it on our trip to bring to him. Pretty much as soon as we arrived with the package this guy had to go to work leaving us in his house. Thank goodness his wife was one of the funniest and nicest people ever. She took us to lunch and told us amazing stories from her time in LA trying to be an actress. Not only did she extra for The Office and star in a creepy commercial in which her face was replaced with George Washington's, but she can be seen dancing in the background of a scene of Alvin and the Chipmunks: The Squeakwal. Nothing like selling your dignity for some hilarious stories.
After lunch we left for Moscow (pronounced Mosko). Jason had a friend we would stay with there who was working at the Idaho State Rep Theatre. There was a show going on that night so she got us free tickets. Too bad it was a Roger and Hammerstein Review. I'm a fan of musicals, but this was pretty lame. But it was very nice to be able to go for free. Afterwards we made sure to get drunk as soon as possible.

The school there is known for creating glass bellied cows. Strange right? I remember my Dad telling us about them years ago and thinking it was messed up then. Jason and I roamed the campus for a while until some ultimate frisbee playing hippys told us they can be seen grazing in a near by field. The picture above is the closets we could get to what might be a glass bellied cow. That dark form to the left of the large bush at the top of the hill is what might be the cow. Just in case you couldn't tell from my professional photo.
That night I had a slight scare in which I thought I might have contracted fleas. Something had crawled into my sleeping bag a couple night beforehand and feasted on my sleeping body. I was covered in upwards of 30 bug bites. I confessed my situation to my parents on the phone that night in Moscow. My mom immediately assumed fleas. Way to scare the crap out of me! I scanned my sleeping bag for evidence. Jason said if I had fleas I would definitely know and there would be no question about it. Jason's house was once flea infested, so I trust his words.
The flea scare was simply that, just a scare. No fleas. Just lots of obnoxious bug bites.

No comments:

Post a Comment