Sunday, August 2, 2009

July 5 - Driving across Kansas

The drive from Missouri to Colorado was long and boring. Most of Kansas consists of nothing and we had to find way to entertain ourselves. For me, that was napping. I pretty much napped my way across America.
We passed through acres of wind turbines. There were hundreds of them. I had never seen anything like it before. It reminded me of Don Quixote.
We saw several signs for this attraction called "Prairie Dog Town". They claimed to have to largest prairie dog ever! Being we were in the middle of Kansas with time to kill and only road ahead of us I convinced Jason to stop. It wasn't what I expected but still entertaining.
Rattlers!


Prairie dogs are probably one of the cutest things ever.

I like this one. The goats were hams for the camera.


No worries, he wasn't dead. He was sleeping. After a few minutes in the sun he flopped on his back in the shade. Funny things badgers are.

And this is why I was disappointed. These were the largest prairie dogs ever. I was foolishly expecting them to be real.


That night we made it to Denver, Colorado and graciously were surprised with a hotel room from our parents. The hotel was great. We explored Denver that night a bit but saved most of them wanderings for the morning.

1 comment:

  1. i love love love the little prairie dog critters!

    and those giant statues were awful. what an embarrassment to the state.

    ReplyDelete