Tuesday, August 11, 2009

July 18 - San Francisco

I was really excited to get to San Francisco. I like trolleys, Rice A Roni, and prisons so I was pretty siked. We made it just in time for lunch where we found a small cafe to eat at in Haight-Ashbury. We walked that area for quite awhile and then drove around the city. We visited the docks and inevitably ended up in Haight-Ashbury for dinner because we both liked it so much. Its so lively.

I found and I conquered.
I really enjoy the architectural qualities that are inherently San Francisco.
I had a lot of fun hanging out the car window taking pictures as we drove the steep and heart stopping roads.

Lombard Street. It was designed narrow and curvy so that horses pulling carriages many years ago could navigate the steep streets.




Alcatraz. Apparently you can take a ferry out to the island and camp out there. We were tempted but ultimately decided against it due to it being an old creepy prison and most likely haunted.

Burger Meister Meister Burger - Does anyone remember that character from the old holiday claymation stories?

710 Ashbury - The Grateful Dead house
We just so happened to park in front of the house and then realized where we were!

No comments:

Post a Comment