Thursday, August 13, 2009

July 24 - More Mont

Jason and I decided to stay two nights in Montana much to the encouragement from Ben. In the morning Ben had a little work to do and I had some business to take care of.
This is the courthouse where I had to pay a speeding ticket.
Apparently in Montana they give you speeding tickets for going 10 mph over. WTF? I tried really hard not to sass the officer because it could have been much worse. The fine was only $20 and nothing serious happened. I just couldn't believe I got a ticket for 10 over! When I saw the lights behind me I remember asking Jason in shock, "Am I getting pulled over???" Northern Virginia is really like no where else. If you don't drive 20mph over the limit you're getting run over.
We then hung out in a coffee shop and I got a free guitar lesson from a musical man and a very expensive guitar. I don't really know how that happened. I just asked if he had any cheap teach yourself books and next thing I know hes got me in the music room with a $1,000.00 guitar in my lap!
When Ben got off work I convinced him to take us thrifting. We found a yard sale where I got an awesome original Power Ranger soup thermos and Jason got a few art books. Then we hit the Goodwill and Salvation Army. The Goodwill was awesome! I found a couple shirts, a jean jacket, and a sequined African Safari themed shirt that I am now regretting not purchasing.
Later on Ben took us to Goodes Q, an amazing Cajun food place. The food is as interesting and delicious as the decor of the restaurant.


Gumbo's -n-thangs (Flavored swamp water)

We have that same welcome bear in West Virginia at Hillwood.

Then we went to "throw" with Ben and his roommate, Brendon. "Throw"ing actually just means playing frisbee. I suck at frisbee.

Sweet moves

I stopped playing after 20 minutes because I was just embarrassing myself.

That night we went to the Sip N' Dip. Now, you may not think Great Falls is that happening of a place but then you would be wrong. GQ named the Sip N' Dip one of the top ten bars in the country in like 2005. Why you may ask?

Because at 9pm every night they close the roof top pool and hire girls to swim around as mermaids in it. The bar has windows looking into the pool. It was pretty freaking neat. I blew the mermaid a kiss.

This is actually a horrible picture of Piano Pat. You can't even see a person in it. But, regardless she is there and she is the other reason why the bar is worthy of such a GQ status. Every night she sits behind her keyboard with her gray afro and pumps out the same 15 songs to everyones delight. The songs don't even sound the way they should because it is as if she has her keyboard set on a carnival theme. She is the ringmaster and we are her audience.
I loved visiting Ben and hanging out in Great Falls but it was time for Jason and I to move on. Next stop: Glacier Park.

No comments:

Post a Comment