Tuesday, August 4, 2009

July 13 - Grand Canyon

From Arizona we went North to the Grand Canyon. I found the Grand Canyon to be like an optical illusion. Looking down into its depths, it really doesn't look that far. But, with a point of reference like a tree or mountain goat, it is easy to see how vast and deep the canyon really is. Walking along the south rim of the canyon is really relaxing and peaceful. As is listening to the dozens of foreign languages being thrown about on the canyon sides. I think Jason and I may have been the only English speaking people there that day.





Jason hiked down to this peninsula that looked tempting for myself if not for fear that my midget sized limbs would fail me and I would slide right off into the canyon depths. So I sat on a rock and waited for his return. The next picture gives a better depiction of how far off the trail he went.

He is one of those little people down there.

And then when he came back he almost threw up due to Vally Fever fatigue.
I definitely give the Canyon two thumbs up! We camped within the park at Mather and was pretty satisfied except for the hundreds of Ravens that stalk the campgrounds looking for snacks. I really want to go back next summer and raft the Colorado River. Any takers???

No comments:

Post a Comment