Saturday, March 21, 2009

Welcome To Furngully

The Internet was down in my house for a week so I FINALLY have a chance to post stuff from a week ago. I've had this shirt since last summer but for some reason I have only recently become obsessed with it and pretty much wear it for days at a time.
The shirt isn't even anything special. I bought it in Key West last summer at this bar called the "Hogs Breath Saloon". On the back it says "Hogs breath is better than no breath at all." I think I like the ugly drooling hog head on it. Paired with my red "Mr. Rogers" cardigan, patterned tank, Express blue jeans, delias ballet flats, and a long necklace that I think I bought at like American Eagle 6 years ago.

Saturday night Faye's sister Jax was in town! Whenever Jax is back from VCU I'm usually dying to hang out with her because hanging out with Faye AND Jax at the same time is like seeing Siamese twins that have been separated for the first time.
Still trying to salvage my black leggings but I really need to throw them out. They are basically tattered rags I try to disguise at real pants. I just love them and they are so comfortable and easy to dress with. I'll miss them. Speaking of leggings: Does anyone know if the American Apparel leggings are worth the price? I've heard good things, but they are so damn expensive for freaking leggings. My shredded leggings are paired with Old Navy tunic, AE half sleeve plaid button up, the Doc Martins I always want to wear but rarely do, and the gold jewelry I found at the flea market (see: I've Got Fleas). I think I've spent more time with that gold cuff on than off even though its so thick it makes me wrist completely useless. I feel immobility is worth it.
Here's some more fun from that night:
Faye and Jax. Faye has this ability to layer in amazing ways. I'm a fan of the mix of hooded zips with big folded collared coats and the play on proportions. And Jax is just awesome at never wearing real pants. I'm digging the bright pink spandex.
Beats and BryBry (Can I call him BryBry? I mean we have hung out like 3 times now. That's long enough for nicknames right?) I like Beats in glasses :)
This Tuesday was St.Patrick's Day and with nothing better to do Faye and I hit Auld Shebeen. Being its one of very few Irish bars in the area, there was actually a line outside! I was so confused. I've never had to wait to get inside Aulds. We ended up only having to wait like 10 minutes but it was very bizarre.
We got randomly got free clover light up things. Mine was sooo huge I actually found it really embarrassing and annoying so I spent 5 minutes trying to turn it off. This is what Faye did with hers. And then she did this with Carlton:

It was an awesome St. Patrick's Day! I hope you all had an equally entertaining SPD!

1 comment:

  1. ah yes, i wear layers like that as a play on proportions. it's all completely intentional and not at all out of a lack of better layers or better clothing in general. i think my olive green velour hooded zip-up with random orange colored stains (that thankfully aren't visible in the pic) creates beautiful contrast with my animal print shirt. i'm pretty sure i've been seeing this look in vogue recently, especially the velour.

    but really, i'm flattered by your perspective on my outfit :) :)

    ReplyDelete