Saturday, March 7, 2009

I've Got Fleas

The Big DC Flea Market came through Chantilly this weekend and I jumped at the chance. In an hour and a half I only conquered 1/4 of the stalls, found some of the greatest treasures ever, only spent $40, and found myself spent. Who knew dodging oldies, haggling with sellers, and gazing longingly into glass cases could be so overwhelming. In any case, the flea market was freaking amazing!
I don't know why I'm covering my ears, it seemed natural?
Target cardigan, Old Navy dress, Loft tank, and an assortment of jewelry. Oh, and of course my fave readers.I also took out my favorite sandals for the occasion for their first wear of 2009. I love these sandals. I think I found them in Lynchburg for $7.
Here are the treasures I found:
An old lady had this military inspired jacket with a matching skirt along with hundreds of other KILLER vintage clothes. I didn't even think it would fit me but after staring at it for 10 minutes I couldn't part with it even if it was too small. In fact, it does fit... kind of. I just can't button it up, but that doesn't mean I can't still wear it! I'm so pumped.
Was instantly smitten with this gold and amber cuff. If you look closely there is a moth on it, the seller tried to convince me its a butterfly, but it clearly isn't. I like that its a beautiful piece of jewelry with this ugly bug on it.

And after spending too much time in one stall I finally decided on this necklace after the seller said she would sell it to me for $4. WTF?! I had originally wanted this really creepy long white steel necklace with this dog on it. It was weird, but funky. Sadly, the creepy dog was really expensive for some reason and I wasn't willing to pay that much to freak people out.
And to make to make today even better, when I got home I had a package waiting!
Although its used, its still magical. So I think I'm going to spend the rest of the day lounging in the gorg 70 degree weather and reading about MK&A. Its been a good day...
I hope you all have a great day and a great tomorrow.


No comments:

Post a Comment