Tuesday, March 17, 2009

I Want You To Want Me

I did some faux shopping today in which I basically scanned websites and pretended I have an unlimited supply of money trees and don't have midget sized limbs which would wear allow me to wear all these things I want to buy with my faux bills. I spent a large part of my time at modcloth.com. I have come to L.O.V.E. modcloth... although I have yet to purchased anything. All the items are vintage inspired, if not the real deal, and there is a limited supply of each item. I think this adds some authenticity to the pieces because they are not being mass produced by children in a Chinese factory. Yet, the limited supply also adds a sense of urgency. What if they don't have your size? What if they are completely sold out? What if there is only one left and someone else buys it!? Modcloth can definitely lead to impulse purchases. I have successfully dodged the urges so far, but may not be able to hold out much longer. Especially after checking out their stuff today, I have found long lost loves and new found treasures.


I have a thing for big collars and unnecessary buttons. This dress is like opposite day. Its a summer dress (knee length and sleeveless) but it has a cozy folding collar. I love it.


I think this shirt is funny. Its basically a cheaper/comical version if the Christopher Kane baboon dress:


Yet, I'm kind of smitten for this dress. I'm wild for how abrasive it is.


These high rise shorts would look killer with a plaid button up tucked in or tied and a pair of flats or some wedges. Layered necklaces and bangles to top off the whole look. Preshola!

Without even trying I accumulated about 7 pairs of shoes in the shopping cart of my brain.

I really love how shoe styles have really progressed in the past year. New shapes and styles, cutouts and wedges, chunky heels and talon heels. I like where all this is going.They're sandals... but not. And to make things more confusing, they have a hidden wedge heel. I like shoes that make you question their existence.
And these beauties! I have gazed longingly at these little babies for months now. I die over the curved chunky heel, the deep blood red color, and the pop of the bright bow at the toe.
Modcloth.com is definitely worth some browsing time but, like I said before, beware of its lure. Because the pieces are limited they can be pricey, but if you're really thinking of purchasing something I think the originality of the items and the limited supply make the price worth it. They've also got accessories, coats, pants, everything other stores offer but with a retro edge. Check it out for rare goods!

1 comment:

  1. i am addicted too. i saw that first dress. but the shorts weeee wee weee i want i need but like you i am trying to withhold from shopping for 1 more measly pay check. ugh stupid rent and life necessities.

    ReplyDelete