Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Eff My Life

As I was about to get onto Route 50 on my way to work this morning I realized I had forgotten my Dad's parking pass. See, I got tickets to a Caps game at the Verizon Center for tonight but I hate to leave my car all the way in Alexandria and take the metro. So my Dad is letting me use his parking spot since its not far from Verizon. Anyways, realizing I had forgotten the freaking parking pass immediately put me in a tizzy. I could even see myself saying "I'll leave the pass and gate clicker on the table so I won't forget them." I did a quick U turn at the mall and made my way back home only to find that the pass and the clicker were NOT where I had left them! I panicked. I started rifling through the papers and magazines on the table but with no luck. Out of sheer desperation I approached Jon and asked if he knew where the pass and clicker were. He said "No" so I headed back downstairs while frantically calling my parents for help (at this point I knew I was going to be at least 10 minutes late for work). I noticed Jon following me downstairs and I thought to myself "What is he doing? Theres no way hes coming to help me! Thats way too out of character for him!" Then two things happened that made my morning explode into a rage attack. First, Jon lifted up a hat he "just happened" to have thrown on top of the clicker, preventing it from being seen. When I questioned him why he had to put his hat on top of the thing I was looking for he simply said "Because I did." Not wanting to let my sheer hate for him cause me to murder him, I continued looking for the parking pass. Second, Jon coincidentally shook out the magazine that the parking pass was shoved inside. He then followed that with "If you just looked you could have found them." This set me off. I know he hid those things because he knew I would need them! WTF!? By this point I was way late for work (In this office, more than 3 minutes is way late) and now he was pissing me off! We ended the whole experience by screaming hateful and "fuck"-filled things at each other. Isn't it enough that we co-exist? Does he really have to be an asshole? I could freaking scream.

1 comment:

  1. it was prob an april fools! you should feel honored!

    ReplyDelete