Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Things I Shouldn't Be Buying But I Already Did

I've done some purchasing lately that is completely inappropriate and unnecessary but don't you ever feel the need to splurge?? I had it bad last week, yet I did manage to control myself from purchasing the $80 heels from ModCloth.com or the $150.00 boots from Urban Outfitters. Instead, I concentrated my efforts on finding stuff for my upcoming Key West trip (18 days!!!). Warning: when seeing swimsuits, don't picture me in the swimsuit. I would hate to make anyone ill.

I actually ordered these two shirts from HotTopic.com because I think I secretly yearn to be a 16 year old boy? I honestly think the first shirt is cute: above the tuxedo ruffles is a bow tie that is hard to see in the picture. Now, I'm not a huge fan of this vampire rage that's been circling the globe but I thought this shirt was a lot of fun. "Love At First Bite" Its dirty and provocative. Also, that model is hott! If I could pull off a chest piece and bleached out hair I would totally do it but I think I would end up sending out stronger lesbian vibes than I already am (Note: I'm not gay, but have been hit on by women many times).
I ordered this suit from Target.com but got a notice saying it wouldn't be shipped until AFTER I had already left for Key West. Today though I received an email basically saying Target.com is a big fat lying slut and had already shipped it. Unfortunately I didn't get receive this email before I panicked and wound up purchasing this monstrosity:
Its from Venus.com and I'm pretty sure its a website for hookers and strippers. I mean, seriously? Look at the model. There is no reason she should look so sensual and mid-orgasm in public while wearing this hideous suit. I wonder if I can return it??
I finally bought another pair of black leggings (AmericanApparel.com) after sadly trashing my previous pair. I went through a short phase in which I thought I might have been able to pull black running pants (the kind with neon zippers and a pocket on the butt. You know, for all your important documents you must carry while running) off as regular black leggings but the unnatural sheen to the running pants would have surely given me away as a total fraud.
I don't know why I ordered the "mint" colored leggings. I wanted to get another pair of leggings and I couldn't just pick a normal color. I'm afraid these are going to be completely see through.
I came really close to buying this Wolverine shirt from HotTopic.com with the intentions of putting my ever growing interest in comic book characters and superheros on full display. Maybe if they had a shirt with Superman on it I wouldn't have passed. The story behind the creation of Superman is actually incredibly interesting and scandalous. If you're also harboring a superhero fetish, check out the story of Superman. Its a good one.

No comments:

Post a Comment