Wednesday, April 22, 2009

I'm Not An Environmentalist, I'm An Earth Warrior

HAPPY EARTH DAY! Here are three easy tips to becoming more environmentally conscious that I picked up at Power Shift last year: Change THREE light bulbs in your house to CFLs, Turn up (or down depending on the season) your thermostat TWO degrees, and Unplug ONE appliance you don't use often (hair dryer, cell phone charger, lamps you rarely use). Because it is such a special beautiful day, I've decided to post the pictures I meant to post two weeks about in celebration! What a way to celebrate right? The pics are from TT's house warming party (see "Partysaurus Wrecks") and looking back on the pictures I can see how much fun I don't remember!


I haven't updated anything of substance lately because I spent last weekend in WV with Chris and Dave. There is no cell phone reception, no Internet, just us and nature. Its great and beautiful, but I can only stand it for about a day. Longer than 24 hours and I start to go a little cabin crazy. BUT we did come home with a surprise from WV:
A Brand New Dog!!!! His name is Doc but we're trying out second names: Doc Beau, Doc Boone, Doc Holiday, I like to just call him The Doctor. He is about 7 years old and came from a rescue group my Mom is involved in. Before that he was used for hunting at a club but I guess he wasn't any good at it because they treated him like shit and got rid of him. He's sweet and gentle and cuddly and within 30 minutes of having him he had already curled up in my lap (although he is wwaayy too big to be a lap dog) and fallen asleep. He's just presh.




Anyways, TT Bonanza!!!
After much deliberation I assembled an outfit worthy of Rainbow Bright Status. I just wish I had the rainbow moon boots. Self tye-dyed tank layered under an H&M green tank, Target white cropped sweater, paired with Express black jeans, and the sandals I had to wear even though it was far too cold. The sandals zip up the back but they kind of hurt when I do zip them so I spent the whole night drunkenly sliding around in them unzipped. It was only kind of effective.

Apparently it was "Panda" themed and I had no idea. Well, only Faye and Noe knew. I'm really digging Faye's shirt even if she got a lot of flack for wearing a WWF tank top in a Green Peace house. Its all relative right??? The shape of the shirt is really flattering on her and the combo of chunky, layered, quirky gold necklaces is a great touch. The bling really adds pop and funk to the ensemble. Noe's shirt was sad (panda living on the only tree still standing from a forest that has been destroyed) but it was really funny that both he and Faye had just so happen to wear shirts adorning pandas.
Even in a polka button up, TT's got some sensual seduction. Cute gathered sleeves with a folding effect and waist sash add fun details to this basic button up.
I've become obsessed with pretty much everything TT has furnished her room with including this mirror. It looks like its composed of cork screws or little wooden discs of different shapes that make the mirror contemporary yet functional and versatile. I'm all about it.
At Some point in the night my camera was abducted and abused by random people. I woke the next morning to find dozens of pictures of people I didn't know wearing baskets on their heads and posing for pictures they probably will never see. I'm contemplating deleting most of them even though I hate to delete pics. I did like these two though:
They look like they are about to do something really cool, but they probably weren't.


And to complete the blog worthy pics from TT's, I created a little collection of photos I would like to title "Walk On Sunshine Joyous Dance Montage"

I hope you can actually see the pictures even though they are small because some of them are freaking awesome. The funny part was, no one was dancing before this song came on and then suddenly everyone broke out into dance only for "Walking on Sunshine" as if it is the greatest song of all time. After the song finished we all separated and pretended it never happened...
I've been attempting to watch 7 Pounds while posting and it is not working at all. This is clearly a movie you actually have to watch and not just listen to. I have no idea whats going on and I think its almost over... Woopsy Doodles! There is a really beautiful Great Dane in the movie though. He's my fave character.
I do have a surprise coming to the blog, hopefully it will be sooner rather than later! It all just depends on my determination to actually complete anything in my life.
I hope you all had a lovely and Earth friendly EARTH DAY!!! Leave any new Earth friendly tips you'd like to share in comments. I'm always looking for new ways to defend Earth's honor!

2 comments:

  1. you went to power shift last year?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah! I went with a bunch of people from school, it was so much fun and really rewarding. Like you felt like you were part of something huge and it was awesome. Plus you're surrounded by beautiful dirty hippies and people keep giving you free stuff.

    ReplyDelete