Thursday, April 2, 2009

Unleash the Fury

I have freaking been Ms. Social Butterfly this week. Normally from Monday through Friday I want nothing more than to come home after work and curl up on the couch, but this week life had other plans for me.
First on Monday Joyful and I drove to Silver Spring for a birthday dinner for CG. In our attempt to avoid 495, we took a bizarre route that led us through a maze from Alexandria through Georgetown then around DuPont Circle and then to the ghetto. Thank gosh I had Joyful there because I probs would have gotten way more lost than we actually did not to mention the thousands of tears I would have shed throughout the whole ordeal. I don't know what it is but when I'm lost and all alone I immediately begin cussing like a sailor and crying. Its uncontrollable. We made it to dinner safely and had a great time seeing some girls from LC.
Weezer and Joyful, my lovelies
Birthday Baby - CG

Ghost Face Killer - El Deuce
Blackie-O (her words, not mine) - I love the combo of stripes and a herringbone pattern all in the same colors.

On Tuesday, BGav and I went to see Knowing - new Nicolas Cage movie. Honestly, Nic Cage has severely sucked as an actor over the past few years. What ever happened to the guy from Gone In 60 Seconds? That guy got it on with a dread locked Angelina Jolie! He was the shit! And now Nic Cage is a mediocre, balding (yet desperately trying to hide it), veneer wearing, Hollywood wash up. I really feel bad for him. And that movie. It went in a wwaayy different direction than I thought it was going to but I had a lot of fun with BGav making fun of it! Overall, not recommended.

And last night I just so happened to have tickets to a Caps game (Caps! Caps! Caps!) where TT and I mingles with embarrassingly drunk d-bags in front of us and stared longing at these gorg foreigners across the isle. Being that I am a recent Caps fanatic, I get distracted easily. Why is it that beautiful men flock to hockey? I think its all the testosterone being thrown around with every break out fight (there were THREE! It was awesome!). The game was awesome though. Ovi (Heart Bubbles) scored his 54th goal of the season, Mike Green led the Caps to victory in the 3rd period, and I got a little buzzed off of expensive beer.
During a break between periods, TT and I played this little game of "What your face would look like if..."
You got hit in the face with a puck.

You won a free Chipotle burrito.

There were a few more pics, but these were the funny ones. Funniest part of the night: A recognizable face was sitting in the front row and exploited on the jumbo screen. TT: "Oh my god! Its Nick Cannon! Wheres Miriah!?" Me: "That's Jason Campbell. Quarter back for the Redskins." TT: Confused stares. One of the many reasons why I heart TT.
TT, as usual, looked adorable and even indulged me in a "Sartorialist" moment with her as my subject.
I'm all about that coat! When I told her to wear red because it was a Caps game I was secretly hoping she'd wear that coat. I love the feel of like a plaid robe that's gone fashionable with a large folding collar, bracelet length sleeves, and cinched waste.
Overall its been a very fun week, but now its Thursday and I'm exhausted. TGI-Almost-F!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment