Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Useless Obsessions

Urban Outfitters is one of those stores that will always be trouble for your bank account. I find it impossible to go in there and not leave without spending at least $50 if you're lucky. Everything is so freaking trendy that the store honestly stresses me out. I want it all! I started exploring the website while at work today and to avoid giving myself an ulcer, I restricted myself to the best section: shoes. They have such a wide selection with incredible designs. But with great items come great prices. I find even their sale shoes are over priced. I'm working myself up to actually buy a pair of boots I've been eyeing for months, but I don't know I can purchase a pair of boots for $120 guilt free (even if that is their sale price). Anyways, here were some of the faves I found that I probs could never seriously wear but am dying to explore:
We Who See Canvas Wrap Wedge. I have this unexplainable draw towards crazy wedge booties. I'm wild for the peeptoe/peepheel combo with the added buckle detail and 5inch wedge.

Shoes For Lovely People Camilla. These sandals look like lobsters and that's why I like them.
Dolce Vita Rayne Heel. With the super-thick-almost-a-wedge heel combined with braided brown leather and a peeptoe, these heels are simply awesome. I love the combo of so many different elements.
Sweet Life By Dolce Vita Caroline Heel. Clearly I have a thing for chunky weird heels. I just like shoes that make you look twice at them. Make someone consider them more than as just a shoe but as an object of lust. I wish I had the will power to wear heels more because I would tots wear these suckers to the bone.
80%20 Canvas Peeptoe. A peeptoe slipper??? The contradiction in practicality is exactly why I love these shoes.
Jeffery Campbell Wrap. I find these shoes very visually pleasing in an architectural manner.









UO Leather Cross Strap Sandal. I like the sizable difference between the ankle strap and toe strap. Also the double buckle.

And finally these: Sioux Beaded Moccasin. I recently had to throw away my moccis and have yet to find a suitable replacement. I certainly like these. Fringe, beads, and drawstrings. Mocci perfection!

I guess my big reason for having immediate ties to these shoe specimens is how completely useless all of them are. They are simply for fun! Not to be taken seriously, and that's what I love.

2 comments:

  1. mocs mocs mocs!!! i live in mine, although they make my feet extremely hot when i wear em to work. i also don't think people on the metro understand how i can wear fringed mocs to work.

    love dolce vita shoes, btw, also good deals usually on their website.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah I've realized that I was a huge Dolce Vita fan without even knowing it! Half the things on the website that I marked were Dolce Vita. I might have to invest in some pieces.

    ReplyDelete