Thursday, May 14, 2009

Body Chains Aren't Only For The Bedroom

I seriously need to step up my jewelry collection. No more will I accept designer knock offs from Claire's because I find my jewelry collection has become incredibly immature. Its fun to have brightly colored and heart shaped pieces, but sometimes I feel my lack of sophisticated pieces brings my outfits down a few notches. I'm unintentionally drawn towards sparkly neon items. I think its time for an upgrade.

Giles and Brother Multi Chain Bracelet

Alkemie Elephant Cuff

I've really gotten into chunky, wide bracelets with animals on them or crafty designs. The kind of pieces that basically make your wrists useless because you can barely move them.

Gorjana Flutter Ring

Alkemie Shell Ring

I like gaudy pieces, especially in a ring. Something that immediately catches the eye because its so huge and ridiculous. At a quick glance the Shell Ring looks like a crazy finger growth and I think that's what I like about it.

This is the Victorian Hippy Body Chain and I'm in love with it. Its unexpected. Pair it with a simple tank and you've completely transformed an outfit.

I've been able to skid by in the jewelry department by rifling through my Mom's old stuff lately and that seems to be working out pretty well for me. Shes got some amazing pieces. Jewelry is definitely one area she never skimped on. Maybe I'll do a post of her collection? You'll all be blown away by the forgotten treasures she's got hidden away.

1 comment: